Author:
Offline Femoo

• Regular Member0

United Nation (UN) building bomb in Abuja - Nigeria. Is it true?

« on: August 27, 2011, 06:41:49 AM »  (Read 3679 times)
  • Publish
  • I covered my face with shame. Oh Nigeria. Wish it is not true. United Nation (UN) building bomb in Abuja.
    Which way are we heading to. Am flabbergasted with this sad news in our Nigeria. Suddenly Nigeria now turned to another suicide bomber nation.

read this from http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/aug/26/explosion-nigeria-un-building-bomb
    ''
    At least 16 people have been killed after a car laden with explosives blew up outside the United Nations' main office in Nigeria's capital, tearing a huge hole in one side of the building.Witn esses told the Associated Press that a sedan broke through the exit at the UN compound, ramming through two separate gates as guards tried to stop it. The suicide bomber drove the car up to the main reception of the building before detonating, inflicting the most damage possible, witnesses said.
    "I saw scattered bodies," said Michael Ofilaje, a Unicef worker at the building. "Many people are dead."
    He said it felt like "the blast came from the basement and shook the building".
    The building houses about 400 employees of the UN in Nigeria, including the majority of its offices. A local UN spokesman declined to comment but a hospital administrator told the AP it had treated as many as 40 victims so far, with more coming in

and this from http://news.yahoo.com/explosion-hits-un-building-nigerias-capital-104247876.html
    ABUJA, Nigeria (AP) — A large explosion struck the United Nations' main office in Nigeria's capital Friday, flattening one wing of the building and killing several people. A U.N. official in Geneva called it a bomb attack.
    "I saw scattered bodies," said Michael Ofilaje, a UNICEF worker at the building. "Many people are dead."
    He said it felt like "the blast came from the basement and shook the building."
    The building houses about 400 employees of the U.N. in Nigeria, including the majority of its offices. A local U.N. spokesman declined to comment.
    Alessandra Vellucci, a spokeswoman for the U.N. office in Geneva, said the global body's offices in Abuja had been bombed.
    She told The Associated Press that there was no word yet on casualties.
    The building, located in the same neighborhood as the U.S. embassy and other diplomatic posts in Abuja, had a huge hole punched in it.
    Local police spokesman Jimoh Moshood confirmed the blast, but said police were still investigating the cause.
    No one immediately claimed responsibilit y for the blast, but oil-rich Nigeria faces terrorism threats on multiple fronts. Last year, a militant group from the country's crude-producing Niger Delta blew up car bombs in the capital during Nigeria's 50th independence anniversary ceremony, killing at least 12

Any Hope for Nigerians,  i.e One Nigeria.

Author:
    Offline MyNaija

• Administrator
      • Hope For Nigerians Forum

Re: United Nation (UN) building bomb in Abuja - Nigeria. Is it true?

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2011, 06:57:56 AM »  (Read 3679 times)
  • Publish
  • What used to watch on CNN news and believed can't happen to us some years ago but see our Nigeria today.

Author:
    dolly

« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2011, 09:51:52 AM »  (Read 3679 times)
  • Publish
  • We are not in this alone. This was attack on all United Nations members and not Nigeria.
    If Nigeria refuse to do something substantial as usual, I believe other nations we certainly do something.

Author:
    Offline MyNaija

• Administrator
      • Hope For Nigerians Forum

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2011, 02:32:20 PM »  (Read 3679 times)
  • Publish
  • We are not in this alone. This was attack on all United Nations members and not Nigeria.
    If Nigeria refuse to do something substantial as usual, I believe other nations we certainly do something.

Agreed that Naija is not in this alone but our leaders must do something on this case after all that is they are there and millions go into security votes monthly.

Facebook Comments