Author:
Offline blog4all

• FBConnect5
  • Newbie hero

THE RISE AND RISE OF UMANA OKON UMANA BY EVENTUS EDEM

« on: June 18, 2013, 03:48:03 AM »  (Read 1829 times)
  • Publish
  • http://blog4all-com.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-rise-and-rise-of-umana-okon-umana.html

Even his most vitriolic critic cannot pretend not to notice the spontaneity and natural flow of events around him. They were devoid of the emptiness and banalities that often characterize most senior public officers in this clime. Whether in a remote village or at a local government headquarters, or the state capital, people trooped out in large numbers, lined the routes whenever the people have a scant idea of the visit of this man commonly referred to as the conscience or the unseen hand in the current globally acknowledged uncommon transformatio n in Akwa Ibom State ably led by our dear governor His Excellency Chief Dr. Godswill Obot Akpabio.

[/font]
    For Mr. Umana Okon Umana the longest serving Secretary to State Government (SSG) Akwa Ibom State, providence is the key word. In his political career, spanning about a decade, he had had his life shaped by providence most times.

In Yoruba mythology, the destiny of a child is invariably shaped by his name or forces around him.

I don’t intend to bore you about this man’s background since I am not very close to him, but what I have I will give unto you which were sourced from an independent research we carried on this quiet but highly successful public servant and consummate politician.

Most people spoken to who had an encounter with Mr. Umana Okon Umana attest to the fact that he is a man of goodwill. While a typical rural dweller openly confessed to his efforts in drawing government’s presence to their area which before the advent of the Akpabio’s administratio n could not have a faint idea of the so called dividends of democracy apart from watching on television.

Those in government circles particularly those close to the corridors of power at Hilltop Mansion Uyo also attest to his good qualities and humane disposition to the less privileged. Hon. Onofiok Luke before now was one of the closest aides to the state Governor before fortune smiled on him and he was promoted or elected into the State House of Assembly to represent his constituency as a member and Chairman House Committee on Appropriation .

Read More @ [size=78%]http://blog4all-com.blogspot.com/2013/06/the-rise-and-rise-of-umana-okon-umana.html[/size]
    [/color]

Facebook Comments